To have a pet Golden Retriever in home feels quite good. The problems arise when you are unsuccessful to train your pet dog. The house training process seems to be a total failure when your puppy does nasty things in home like potty or vomit.
House training your Golden Retriever may become a failed attempt because of many reasons. Even trained dogs do pooping in home because of illness, fear or any other biological reasons. Hence, house training your dog needs little patience, workout training pattern and focusing on the goal.
The factors responsible for such house training mishaps:
- Illness or injury of any kind mostly makes them to poop in home.
- Medication sometimes makes it difficult for them to hold till they go out of the perimeter, or lead to anal sac health issues.
- As a puppy of few months, they don’t have control over their bowel and bladder. You can train them fully only after they complete their six months.
- Change in the dietary food may result in diarrhea.
Tips to sort out inappropriate elimination:
- Give them easy to digest food in small quantity.
- After the puppy consumes the food, it should be taken outside. Most of the dogs have habit of clearing their bowel as soon as their stomach is full.
The training won’t be stressful if you follow few golden rules such as:
- Dogs have the habit of defecating within half hour of eating its meal. Hence, make sure that you take your pet outside, especially after it eats or drinks something.
- Little Golden Retrievers have tiny bladder, hence need to pee every hour.
- Make sure that you feed them at a fixed time. It helps their body to adjust their defecating time.
- Issuing command to do potty at the scheduled spot will surely help it to learn quickly. Studies have proven that praising or giving a tasty treat after clearing their bowel, has the capacity to make them follow the rules in future.
- Many dogs usually damage the leftover space in their resting crate. Pet owners buy larger crates considering the size of fully grown up Golden Retriever. It will be best to cover the surplus place with immovable things such as piece of cardboard.
Golden retrievers are quite sociable animals. They are fond of living amidst a loving and caring family. While training them, place their crate in the room that is often visited by the family members.
Keep them pampered by placing their favourite cookies and toys in the crate. Talk to them often and give regular commands in between. In few weeks they will surely obey whenever you speak in an authoritative voice.
The time to start training is when the Retriever is two months old. It is the time when the pup starts understanding and ready to follow the rules. It will be easier to train them before they attend the maturity age. It is a slow process needing lot of patience and consistence from your side.
To know more about training managements of Golden Retriever, browse through informative websites, avail information from pet sellers in your locality, have tips from dog owners and even experienced veteran about house training modes.